Thursday, January 7, 2010

BabyQ

So I was reading a post on babycenter.com and just had to laugh. This is an awesome idea for those having babies in the summer time and I actually saw this on a Clifford episode I was watching with Whisper. They had a BBQ to celebrate the arrival of a new baby. I love the idea of having a BBQ with family and friends, yummy food, chatting, gifts for us and or the baby. Since we don't know if we are having a boy or a girl and even if it is a girl not all of Whisper's stuff will work seasonwise so we will definately need a few things especially clothing. Winter outfits just won't work middle of summer! Boo.
This time around I don't want a shower before the baby arrives and I don't want the traditional baby shower agenda, schedule.....whatever you'd like to call it! No cake, punch and games for me please! Honestly don't want to see or eat another cake till Whisper turns 3! Cake sounds really gross right now unless it's cheesecake!
I know some people like to stick to the traditional but we NEED things to be different this time and the whole BBQ idea sounds like a lot of fun. Of course it requires more work and definately have to send out invites well in advance to get a head count.