Monday, January 11, 2010

14 Week Appointment

Just letting everyone know that my appointment went well although my blood pressure was up from the usual. Nothing to be concerning though. Probably because I was stressed about having left my urine at home and what distracted me causing me to leave it at home probably didn't help matters either. I've never forgotten it but was distracted by a text message from Michelle.....friend and coworker from the day care. She said she got a call right before the holidays from L&I suggesting that she, Kim and Amber go to small claims court together to get their money from Shannon. Also somehow they got information that Kylie filed with L&I but withdrew her claim and that Mary and I didn't claim. I did and have the paperwork to prove it. Not sure why Mary wouldn't and as for Kylie she barely worked any hours in September and is friends with Shannon's daughter. She probably got her money.
Anyhow, this baby is going to make me fat and I've gained a lot more so far this time than I did with Ryleigh. With her I lost a few early on before starting to put it back on.
In 14 weeks according to the office scale I've gained almost 8 pounds. According to the home scale only just over 5 though. I do have to take in to account taking it at a different time of day but even with taking it in the mornings at home and afternoons at the office the scales have been on track exactly with each other until today. So maybe just a little bloated or something this afternoon. Dunno. For my weight/height range the recommendation is 15-20 total weight gain. I certainly have noticed the difference so far with needing maternity pants sooner and even those that I have seem tight in the hip and thigh area, but one size up and I'm swimming.
Anyhow, we have a mover, squirmer, dancer, racetrack driver.....dunno. Baby doesn't like to hold still! First time we heard the hb he had to ask to hold my pants down where he'd positioned them. The digital screen was facing my belly and he needed to turn it over. It read 147 and then baby immediately moved. So he tried again and baby held still long enough to get a reading of 154. So everything appears to be going well..........and my feeling better over the weekend was short lived. Threw up 3 times today! The most I've ever done in one day and although the nausea has really had me down through the whole first trimester until now, my official first day of the 2nd trimester, I've only actually thrown up maybe 4 times. So next visit is February 8th and I'll go get the quad screening bloodwork done then and will also get paperwork to schedule the 20 week ultrasound at Inland Imaging. If we are able to find out the gender we most likely will. Probably will share gender with friends and family but we don't plan to share possible names. That will remain a surprise and we don't even plan on settling on one till after the baby has arrived.