Friday, June 25, 2010

37 weeks and 4 days

So today's visit was a bit stressful. The stupid NST machine at the clinic is WAY too old! I wasn't even clicking the button indicating I was feeling baby move and it was marking that I had. The machine makes a click sound when you click it and if the wire connected to the clicker moved slightly it would register a click! Then it completely stopped doing anything. Plus baby decided he didn't want to cooperate. They had me downing ice cold water and poking baby. I had to pee so bad and peed several times after that while we wanted for the rest of my appointment. Next thing we had done was the ultrasound to check the fluid level. It is looking good and in the normal range. Baby has shifted some and is closer to heads down but not straight down. Close enough though and hopefully he stays that way!
I've made some progress from last week's fingertip dilated. I am currently about 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Doctor says at least one more week. Praying we continue to make progress and baby stays at least mostly heads down.